Monday, May 6, 2013

Spinach Bean Soup

Every Sunday in our house is "Soup Sunday."  Basically I make a crockpot soup that we will eat for dinner Sunday and again on Monday.  It really helps me out because I'm always exhausted on Monday evenings after a full day of work and grocery shopping after school.  There's no way I feel like cooking.  So I'm always on the lookout for soup recipes to add to the repertoire.  This recipe is loosely based on one out of Taste of Home magazine.  It's a warm, healthy, light soup that surprises you with how flavorful it is.  Try it out for yourself!

1 cup dried pinto or great northern beans
1 can vegetable broth plus 3 cans of water
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 can spinach
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 onion, diced

Combine all ingredients in large crockpot.  Cook on high for 8 hours.  Makes 6 to 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment