Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hilary's Sloppy Joes

Yes, I realize that there's a sloppy joe recipe already on this blog, but this one is just as good, I promise!  I created this recipe one evening when we did not have internet and thus I didn't have access to my recipe for Sloppy Veg Head Joes.  I had some burger-style crumbles on hand and threw them together with some other pantry items, and voila!, yummy vegetarian sloppy joes!  Here's my creation:

1 onion, finely diced
1 bell pepper, finely diced
1 bag vegetarian burger-style crumbles
14 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
several good splashes of hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Splenda

In a cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven, saute onion and pepper for about 5 minutes.  Then add rest of ingredients and cook everything for 15 to 20 minutes.  Makes 6 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment