Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Baked Oatmeal


This recipe required a working knowledge of the principal "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Baked oatmeal has become a weekend staple at our house. Since it's fall, I thought I would use that seasonal favorite, pumpkin, and alter my traditional baked oatmeal a smidge. Well, it took me 3 tries to get this recipe right! So, of course, I'm very proud to share it! It's completely vegan, healthy, and as with anything on this blog, SO YUMMY! I hope you enjoy it!  It's my mom's favorite version of my baked oatmeals :)

2 cup oats (steel cut, quick cook, rolled...whatever you like!)
1/2 cup splenda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
dash salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1/4 stick vegan margarine, melted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup nuts of choice (I used walnuts)

Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy served with warm with a little vanilla soy milk poured over top.  Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment