Thursday, March 14, 2013

Awesome Cookies


Hubby plays chess at the library every other Thursday evening.  I usually just stay home, relax and do whatever I want to do.  It's my ME time.  Tonight I was in a rather Betty Crocker mood and felt like baking cookies.  But not just any cookies...healthy cookies!  Much to hubby's dismay, I just can't bring myself to bake anything unhealthy and most of the time the results are "eh...I think this needs some tweaking."  But tonight, the healthy cookies I baked were AWESOME!  Hence the name, Awesome Cookies.  They are adapted from this recipe.

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine bananas, peanut butter and maple syrup in large mixing bowl.  Mix dry ingredients and add to wet.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Drop by tablespoon full onto baking sheet.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Makes around 15 to 20 cookies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment