Sunday, February 24, 2013

Granola Baked Oatmeal



For a few Christmas gifts this past year, I gave my homemade granola in quart size Mason jars.  The granola was a HUGE, MONSTROUS hit.  Everyone kept asking me for the recipe.  Unfortunately my granola is like my spaghetti sauce, my fajitas and my vegetable soup--all made by sense of taste and smell, meaning I eyeball every measurement and taste as I go.  What I attempted today was to recreate the taste of my granola in one of my famous baked oatmeals.  I made sure to measure out all my ingredients just so I could post the recipe.  It came out perfect!  It has a similar taste to my granola and will make great breakfasts this week for me.  Maybe one of these days, I'll try to measure out the ingredients for my granola so I can post that recipe.  One of these days when I have 2 hours to spare to make granola.  In the meantime, try this recipe and enjoy yet another awesome baked oatmeal!

4 cups oats (as always, personal preference on type of oats you use)
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups vanilla soy milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and then spread out in 9X13 baking dish.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Makes 10 servings.  Remember baked oatmeal is best enjoyed warm with a bit of milk on top.  YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment