Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bourbon Butterscotch Blondies

It's a snowy relaxing afternoon in the hills, so, of course, I'm baking...again...  I've been baking and trying out new recipes a lot this winter.  Some have made it to the blog, most have not.  I often tell people I'm a better cook than I am a baker.  Maybe I'm turning a corner in my culinary career because these little bars are moist, sweet, semi-healthy and oh so yummy!  And for a bonus, they are hubby-approved!  I honestly toyed with calling them "Scott's Blondies" because he liked them so much, but Bourbon Butterscotch Blondies had a better ring.  My recipe is adapted from this one.

1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Splenda (or sweetner of choice)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 stick melted margarine
2 Tablespoons vanilla soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup bourbon (or whiskey)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Make a well and add wet ingredients.  Fold in butterscotch chips.  Pour batter into a greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Allow to cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment