Saturday, July 2, 2011

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes


Scott requested blueberry pancakes this morning.  A few months ago we ate some pancakes that had oats in them, and I really liked them.  So, I Googled a recipe this morning to help me create whole-wheat pancakes with oats in them.  I found this one.  I had to make a few minor modifications, of course, to make it vegan, and added blueberries.  They were unbelievable!  So, so, so yummy!  And healthy!  A perfect way to start a Saturday morning.  Here's my recipe:


3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3 Tablespoons Splenda
1/4 cup applesauce

Mix the oats and soy milk together.  Let this mixture sit while you work on everything else.  Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Then, add applesauce and oat/soy milk mixture.  Now you have some amazing pancake batter!  Depending what size you make your pancakes, it will give you 4 to 6 pancakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment