Monday, July 26, 2010

Simple BBQ Pizza

I'm taking requests now! HA HA Our friend Jay asked for a vegetarian pizza idea, so I told him I would post this one. I made this for Scott and I our first week as vegetarians, but made some changes. The original recipe can be found at http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=11929.0. Here's my version:

Whole wheat pita or flat bread or pizza crust 
3 roasted red peppers from the jar, sliced thin
1 medium sweet onion sliced
about 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms 
1/2 cup your favorite bbq sauce
4 ounces shredded cheese 

In a skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms.  Spread the bbq sauce on your crust. If you are adding cheese, do it now. Then, on top of the cheese place your roasted peppers, onions and mushrooms. If you used a pita or flat bread, you can put the pizzas in a toaster oven or microwave. If you used a pizza crust, bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (just long enough to melt the cheese and get the crust crispy).

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....sounds yummy! I won't tell you how much time I spend reading recipes...but this is great! I can bug someone I know if I have questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend a lot of time reading recipes too! I usually end up hungry. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete